Setting expectations is the corner stone of any successful Facebook community. According to a report by Jeremiah Owyang of Altimeter Group, only 8 out of 30 brands surveyed had expectations set. It’s interesting that so few companies aren’t taking the time or don’t even know that expectations would not only protect the brand, but maximize the fan’s overall experience.
Here are two the important aspects to incorporate into your Facebook Page:
- A governance policy. This states what will be tolerated and what will not be tolerated, such as inappropriate language or abusive behavior. This can be very helpful when you need to delete a comment.
- A vision for the page. Explain what the page is for and what fans can anticipate. This would include items such as solving problems, understanding each other and offering access behind the scenes on occasion just to name a few.
Have you set expectations in your community?
Latest posts by Firebelly Marketing (see all)
- Snapchat: The Stash Pocket Of The Millennial Generation - August 21, 2014
- What To Make Of Unexpected Twitter Growth - August 1, 2014
- Facebook’s Growth Is A Digital Marketing Gold Mine - July 28, 2014