Running a Twitter contest can be a great way to generate excitement around your brand, but there are some dos and don’ts to consider before you begin.
When planning your Twitter contest, keep these important dos and don’ts in mind!
Twitter Contest Dos
1. Do ask users to include an @reply to you in their update so you can see all entries.
2. Do follow The Twitter Rules to keep your contest entrants in good standing.
3. Do encourage entrants to use a hashtag with their tweet that is relevant to your contest.
4. Do ensure that your contest complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
Twitter Contest Don’ts
1. Don’t encourage people to create multiple accounts in order to enter multiple times.
2. Don’t encourage people to post the same Tweet repeatedly.
3. Don’t encourage lots of duplicate updates by saying “whoever retweets this the most wins.”
4. Don’t encourage abusive behavior, spammy behavior or copyright infringement.
Twitter changes frequently and so can these rules. To stay up-to-date, always check Twitter’s Guidelines For Promotions before launching a contest.
Need help planning and managing a Twitter contest for your brand? We’ve run many and would love to help you too. Contact us today and let’s discuss your options!
Latest posts by Chad Richards (see all)
- Top 10 Social Media Marketing Blog Posts Of 2017 - December 27, 2017
- Influencer Marketing: An Interview With Duncan Alney & Taylor Carlier - November 29, 2017
- My New Social Media Marketing Tool Faves Of 2017 - September 4, 2017