We receive a lot of questions about Instagram best practices for retail brands. Here are quick answers to seven of the most common inquiries.
1) Why should we be using Instagram to connect with customers?
Instagram is the fastest growing social network—with over 600 million monthly active users, it’s bigger than Twitter. There’s a very strong chance your customers are using it to share photos of your products.
2) How do we start finding and connecting with customers on Instagram?
Search for those tagging your brand in their photos or updates. If you have brick and mortar stores, don’t forget to search Places to find people who’ve shared photos from inside your locations(s).
3) What should we do to build community on Instagram?
Respond to mentions and tags. Comment on and “double tap” those pics! Follow your followers and others mentioning you or sharing photos from inside your establishments.
4) What actions or tactics should we avoid on Instagram?
A common thing we’ve seen negatively impact many brands is purchasing followers. They wonder why they’re getting no engagement or where all of their followers went all of a sudden. Don’t forget the Instapurge of 2014!
5) What tools can help us make Instagram more manageable for us?
Sprout Social is my favorite tool for monitoring & responding to comments/mentions/hashtags. I like Schedugram for scheduling photos to publish. Brands should also get comfortable with Instagram regramming/reposting apps so they can show fans & customers some love.
6) What brands are doing a great job on Instagram?
Any brand that is actively monitoring for, and engaging with, customers’ photos of their products instead of just posting their own.
7) How can we learn more about marketing on Instagram?
Well, we can certainly help! Don’t neglect the Instagram Help Center either. It contains a lot of great information for brands new to Instagram.
Latest posts by Chad Richards (see all)
- Kelly Andres Joins Firebelly As A Social Media Manager - March 26, 2018
- The Best Time To Post On Facebook In 2018 - February 27, 2018
- Top 10 Social Media Marketing Blog Posts Of 2017 - December 27, 2017