It’s easy to miss all of the moving parts it takes to successfully produce a Facebook Live video.
Facebook Live Best Practices
We have a foolproof list of insider tips and tricks to make sure you produce the perfect Live every time.
Prep Content And Promotion Ahead Of Time
1. Determine who your speakers and guests will be, as well as the topics to be discussed, well before your Facebook Live happens.
2. Make sure you invite all team members, production crew, and guests that will be a part of the show.
3. Create graphics or videos to promote the Live on your social media channels before it happens.
4. Set aside time to prep Facebook Live content so there is a solidified, cohesive plan for everyone who is involved.
RELATED POST: Creating A Viral Video: 5 Critical Components Of Success
Have The Right Equipment And Set-Up
1. Use the highest quality phone you can get your hands on.
2. Buy attachments to enhance your Facebook Live. Some of our favorites include this mobile microphone, this additional wide angle lens, a mobile phone mount, on-the-go lighting, and a large or mini tripod to stabilize the video.
3. Test your lights, marks and equipment prior to your Live to ensure your shot is exactly what you want.
Make Time The Day Of Your Live For These Last Minute Details
1. Turn off air conditioner/heater or anything that could be an audio distraction in the room like phones, computers, etc.
2. Make sure you are on the fastest Wi-Fi you are able to connect to.
3. Pre-charge phone that will be used, because an audio jack and charger can’t be connected at the same time.
4. Have an extra team member in the room who is watching with headphones to ensure production is running smoothly.
5. Grab any notes needed for the content of your show.
6. Follow phone checklist prior to filming:
• Turn off all notifications
• Close out of all apps
• Open Facebook Live on your phone only after phone is turned landscape
• Enter your Live title
• Go Live!
RELATED POST: Facebook Video Ads: Power Up Your Campaign
What To Do After Your Facebook Live Is Over
1. Post a clip from your Facebook Live video on Twitter and Instagram to cross-promote it.
2. Boost your Live video on Facebook for additional views and engagement.
3. Measure performance metrics: reach, impressions, likes, comments, shares & views
4. Drink champagne and celebrate! You just finished a successful Facebook Live. Congrats!
Are you looking for more help with producing Facebook Live videos for your brand? Firebelly is here for you. Call us at 317-557-4460, email us at email@example.com or fill out our contact form.
Latest posts by Taylor Carlier (see all)
- #AgencyLife: Firebelly’s Top Albums Of 2018 - January 7, 2019
- Why We Like Working and Living in Indiana - November 12, 2018
- 4 Social Media Photography Tips For Fashion Brands - October 8, 2018