There have been numerous articles written with questions brands should ask agencies before hiring them. I wanted to flip the script and share questions brands should ask themselves before reaching out to and hiring a social media agency.
Having answers to these questions will help us help you achieve your social media marketing goals more effectively and more efficiently.
Hiring A Social Media Agency
Don’t have all the answers? Don’t feel bad! One of the benefits of having a social media agency partner is that we’re here to help guide you through the ever-changing landscape of social media marketing.
Now, on to the questions.
1) What is the vision for the brand?
2) What are your marketing objectives?
3) Why do people do business with your brand?
4) What value do you provide customers?
5) What is unique about your offerings?
6) What are your audience demographics?
7) What are their interests?
8) What are their habits?
9) What are their problems that you’re trying to solve?
10) Who are your brand’s primary competitors?
11) What, if anything, do you admire about their social media efforts?
RELATED POST: A Social Media Manager’s 3 Favorite Social Media Marketing Resources
12) Are you monitoring your brand, competitors and industry by keywords and affinities?
13) What is your brand’s share of voice on social media?
14) Who are the three most influential individuals your space?
15) How are you identifying influencers?
16) How to you build relationships with them?
17) What’s your “ask” of influencers?
18) What other marketing channels is your brand using to support its goals?
19) Do you have a marketing calendar that you can share?
20) Do you have brand guidelines or a style guide that you can share?
21) Do you have a library of photos, imagery or other branded content that you can share?
22) Do you have a list of FAQs about your brand’s products or services that you can share?
23) Do you have a list of names and email address of customers or prospects?
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
24) Which social media channels your brand currently has a presence on?
25) Which social media channel has generated the greatest ROI for the brand so far?
26) If the brand has a blog, what is its purpose?
27) Do you use a social media management tool to publish to, or manage, your channels?
SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING
28) Which social media channels that you have ad accounts set up on so you can run ads?
29) What types of ads have you previously run?
30) Have you added Facebook pixels or Twitter website tags to your website to track ad conversions?
SOCIAL MEDIA BRAND VOICE
31) Regarding tone, what is the general vibe of your brand?
32) Regarding language, what kind of words do you use in your social media conversations?
33) Regarding purpose, what are your primary reasons for being on social media in the first place?
34) What are three adjectives that describe what your brand is not?
RELATED POST: Brand Voice On Social Media: A Quick & Easy Exercise For Defining It
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT
35) What are the areas and/or specific topics that should be frequently explored in your content?
36) What messages do you want or need to deliver?
37) Are there any concepts/topics/subjects that should be avoided?
38) What type(s) of content has your audience been most responsive to?
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING GOALS
39) Which is most important to you—audience growth, engagement, brand visibility, traffic or sales?
40) When we review your program in 30 or 60 or 90 days, what will have made you happy?
Interested in hiring a social media agency? Hey, Firebelly is here for you. Call us at 317-557-4460, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form.
Latest posts by Chad Richards (see all)
- Firebelly Wins Platinum In The 2019 dotCOMM Awards Competition - July 30, 2019
- Firebelly Wins Gold In 2019 Muse Creative Awards Competition - June 6, 2019
- Firebelly Marketing Wins Two Communicator Awards - May 15, 2019