‘Tis the season for festive holiday social media marketing campaigns and Hallmark Christmas Movies on repeat—otherwise known as my favorite time of the year! Use the magic of this season to your advantage with spirited posts that will be sure to give the gift of engagement!
Give these holiday tips a try when creating your content this season.
1. Festive Giveaways
Whether you partner with other brands, influencers, or go the solo route, a festive giveaway is a great holiday social media marketing idea.
Follow these simple steps for a successful giveaway.
1. If you plan on doing a co-branded giveaway, reach out to the brand or influencers you plan on working with well in advance.
2. Select the giveaway product(s).
3. Create a theme (12 days of Xmas, Charitable Post, Stocking Stuffers, etc).
4. Use imagery that represents the season and your theme perfectly (ornaments, trees, wrapping paper, snowflakes, etc).
5. Identify the rules (like, comment, follow etc).
6. Post and watch the magic happen! 🙂
Need help with developing and running your holiday giveaway? We’re here for you!
RELATED POST: Holiday Influencer Marketing Best Practices For Brands
2. Happy Holiday Hashtags
Be a part of the holiday conversation through the use of holiday hashtags.
Identity the festive hashtags that make sense for your brand, try to keep it to five to ten on Instagram and two to three on Twitter. Make it a mix of general holiday themes and brand specific.
3. Winter Wonderland Promotions
Although the holidays can be the happiest time of the year, with all of the gift-giving it can mean a strain on spending for people.
Make it easier for your followers to buy your product through sales and promotions. Whether you opt for BOGO deals or a certain percent off, your followers will love the savings during the season.
Create a promo code that is just for social so you can track the purchases, you can make it something fun like: “Save 25% OFF Storewide with promo code: HOHOHO25!”
These promos are great content for social advertising or sponsored content because you want to make sure you get as many eyes on these deals as you can.
4. Gift Bundles
Holiday shopping can get stressful, make it easier for your customers with gift bundles. Put some of your top-selling products with some lesser known products and offer a savings of x% when purchased together.
RELATED POST: 3 Tips For Creating The Perfect Social Media Content Calendar
Your customers will appreciate the deal and you will be able to get people to try new products: WIN WIN! Promote this content as the perfect gift for anyone on your list or a last-minute gift idea! Be sure to dress up the photo with festive imagery.
Creating holiday social media marketing campaigns are fun and easy with these tips! Just remember, as much as you want to sell, make sure you create content that focuses on spreading holiday cheer too.
Latest posts by Lauren Johnson (see all)
- Light A Firecracker Under Your Facebook Ad Campaigns - July 3, 2019
- Bring On The Heat: Firebelly Marketing’s Favorite Indianapolis Summer Activities - May 21, 2019
- Spring Clean Your Social Media With These 3 Easy Steps - April 17, 2019