Shashi Bellamkonda is Chief Marketing Officer at Surefire Social.
In my Shorthand series, I ask fellow social media marketing industry leaders for three quick and easy insights into their areas of expertise or interest.
Let’s get to the questions!
1. What’s the crux of social media marketing today?
Connecting with people in a human way. More people are using social than ever before. It’s such a powerful communication tool. And that’s why using basics of communication (on social) is more critical than ever before.
On a bigger picture level – using social to influence people to do things – and simultaneously winning their hearts and minds – that is the crux.
RELATED POST: How To Handle Haters On Social Media: Jay Baer Interview
2. You know and keep in touch with thousands of people – what are three things you do?
First and foremost, you have to genuinely love people. That is my motivation. Second, you’ve got to make the effort to learn about people and let them know you care. Third, you have make eye contact.
Most importantly (my bonus point) – I think you have to exchange happiness!
RELATED POST: Emeric Ernoult: Agora Pulse, Facebook & Italian Racing Motorcycles
3. You’re in marketing tech these days, what’s your success formula?
t’s a complicated field. It’s a paradox that technology that makes people’s lives easier isn’t actually always easy to understand.
Basically you have to take care of people. There is a lot of confusion with consumers – B2C or B2B – so simplifying the message is key. Supporting them through their buyer’s journey and into usage of the technology are all components of the success formula.
BONUS: What’s the perfect meal for you?
Back to my roots – some daal (lentil soup) and basmati rice with a side of pickled mangoes. And perhaps a cold IPA to wash it down!
Interested in being featured in a future Shorthand post? Email me! Be sure to include ‘Shorthand’ in your subject line and let me know what you’d like to talk about.
Latest posts by Duncan Alney (see all)
- Jamie Gilpin On The Value Of Connections, Social Listening & A Culture Of Inclusion - July 1, 2019
- Social Media Referral Traffic: 6 Ways To Generate More Website Visits - January 22, 2018
- 3 Important Reasons Why Social Media Conversations Matter - February 27, 2017