January 3, 2018 Ryan Campbell

7 Social Media Resolutions Brands Should Make Year After Year

social media resolutions

Here are 7 social media resolutions every brand should make year after year.

7 Social Media Resolutions

Too often, New Year’s resolutions start strong but lose their luster for a couple of reasons: they aren’t born from realistic expectations or they aren’t supported by real change in behavior.

This year, create a plan, break bad social media habits, and implement some simple to-do’s to create a stronger social media presence.

1. Be helpful and informative

Like I mentioned in my post last month “3 Rules for Creating Quality Social Media Content”, people use social media to find, connect, and interact with other who share their values and interests—including brands.

Follow the simple 80/20 rule: 80% of your content should be helpful, informative and supportive with the remaining 20% focused on brand-promotion.

Don’t be greedy, you have to give more than you ask.


RELATED POST: Setting Social Media Marketing Goals: A Step-By-Step Guide


2. Consider reducing your posting frequency

For most brands, posting 3-5 times per week will yield the best results. Posting too often not only requires A LOT of work, but it also can lead to audience fatigue and diminishing returns.

Focus on posting quality content that’s relevant to your audience.


3. Use a content calendar

Creating a calendar provides an outline for the month versus randomly posting. The calendar will serve as a plan but also as a point of reference when reviewing overall social performance—allowing you to identify what works and improvements needed on future calendars.


Social Media Marketing Success


4. Use calls-to-action

This one seems obvious but still many brand and marketers fail at this. Users are more likely to take action when they’re asked to do so.


5. Leverage video

When executed well, videos can produce big returns for brands. Keep them short, direct and to the point.

Get some more tips from this post: “Facebook Video Ads: Power Up Your Campaign”


6. Mind the metrics

Native analytics provided by Facebook and other social channels are one of the best resources available. At your fingertips, you have access to your social insights, your performance, who’s responding, and what are the responding to. 

Resolve to get more comfortable with these tools!


RELATED POST: Social Media Ad Metrics & Formulas: A Helpful Cheat Sheet


7. Be consistent

Your social media goals are just like your personal goals: consistency gets the job done. Schedule time to review your metrics, create your content calendar, and manage your social channels.


Whatever your New Year’s resolution—personal or professional—sustainable change starts with an update in mindfulness, attitude, and behavior.

Remember: there should be “solution” in every “resolution.”

Looking to make, and keep, social media resolutions for your brand? Firebelly is here for you. Call us at 317-557-4460, email us at hello@firebellymarketing.com or fill out our contact form.

Ryan Campbell

Ryan Campbell

Social Media Manager at Firebelly
Ryan joined the Firebelly team in 2017.
Ryan Campbell
Tagged:

About the Author

Ryan Campbell Ryan joined the Firebelly team in 2017.

FIREBELLYNEWSLETTER

 

Join our mailing list to receive social media tips & news delivered to your inbox once a month.

Thanks! You have successfully subscribed.